Denso LT Tape
Denso LT Tape is composed of a non-woven synthetic fabric carrier, fully impregnated with a
neutral compound based on saturated petroleum and inert silicious ﬁ llers.
Denso LT Tapes are speciﬁ cally designed for applications at cooler ambient temperatures.
The tapes provide long term corrosion protection to pipes, ﬂ anges, valves and related
• Meets NACE RP0375-2000
• Applied to marginally prepared surfaces (SSPC SP 2-3)
• Conforms to irregular shapes and proﬁ les
• UV resistant
• Can be applied to cold, wet surfaces
• Not effected by water, acid, salts or soil organics
• Encapsulation of lead paint
• Contains no solvents
• Easy application from arctic to tropical temperatures
• Ready for immediate service after application
• Meets AWWA C217 Standard
• Over an 80 year history of proven applications
• Can be applied above and below ground
Prepare surfaces by removing all loose scale, rust or other foreign matter in accordance
to SSPC SP2 “Hand Tool Cleaning” or SP3 “Power Tool Cleaning”. High pressure water
wash of 3,000 - 7,000 psi is also suitable. Apply a thin ﬁ lm of Denso Paste, which serves
as a primer. Spirally wrap the tape with a minimum 1" overlap. For severely corrosive
environments, a 55% overlap is recommended. While wrapping, press air pockets out and
smooth all lap seams. For additional mechanical protection, an overwrap may be used to
increase impact strength and electrical resistance.
Irregular surfaces such as valves, ﬂ anges, etc. may require the use of Densyl Mastic
or Denso Proﬁ ling Mastic. Refer to the product sheets for these speciﬁ c products for
information on application and selection.